Stuff-Your-Face-Silly Cheesy Garlic Bread

If you think that I am just trying to make the name sound catchy, I dare you to make this bread and resist stuffing your face with it. I have not met anyone who does not like this crunchy, cheesy and aromatic loaf.



I made this for our Christmas lunch and it was almost gone as soon as I returned from the kitchen to put my hand mittens back into the drawers. If not for my mom who saved a chunk for me, I would only have crumbs and bits of garlic which fell off the bread.
 

Although there are many versions of this cheesy garlic bread which I have tried, I didn't like any. So I created my own version which I think is pretty easy to prepare.
 
Buy a good loaf of bread which absorbs oil well. I usually just go with a French loaf. Slice it up as shown in the photo. Place the bread on aluminium foil and set aside. Finely chop up as much garlic as you want to knock out whoever you are going to talk to. In a pan over low heat, drop in a good chunk of butter and let it melt completely. Off the heat and add in the garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir. Shred cheese(s). Depending on your preference, you can have more than one type of cheese. I had a bag of cheese mix leftover from my last pizza session which worked well for this recipe. I had mozzarella, emmental, gruyere and provolone. Spread the garlic butter mixture evenly in every crevice of the bread and stuff the cheese in every nook you can find. Wrap the foil up tightly and bake at 200degC for 12 mins. If you want an even crunchier loaf, unwrap the foil slightly and bake for a further 8-10 mins.

Comments