Golfers And Their Arms

Yesterday while Princess was doing her revision for today's Science test, I showed her this photo.

Photo taken from Straits Times.


Me: "What do you see in this photo of these top golfers?"

She: "Their arms all looked the same [size]?"

Hubby: "They have straight hair?"

Me: "Wrong!"



Do you see what I saw?

Need a hint?


Photo taken from Straits Times

I saw tanned lines on their arms. And what those lines told me was that these ladies trained extremely hard. Under the hot sun. For long hours. This brings to mind what Malcom Gladwell wrote in his book Outliers about practising for 10,000 hours to achieve mastery.

For me, I believe that whatever that is worth doing, is worth doing 10,000 hours of practising for.

Maybe that is why I seldom do anything.

Comments